Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .zip archive error msg at extracting

good day,

I packed my document in 7-zip archive: music, photo, docs and other couple weeks ago. After I reinstalled OS and tried to unpack this zip archive to my PC, but 7-zip gave error msg: "Can not open file 'xxxx.7z' as archive".

I didnt see this message on this archive. How to fix this msg?

please any help!

Great guide for repairing .zip archive...

1. Click on the "Start" button, click on "All Programs" and then go into "Accessories."

2. Right-click on the "Command Prompt" program and select "Run as administrator."

3. Type "cd directory_path_to_zip" where "directory_path_to_zip" is the fully qualified path to the corrupted zip file, such as "C:\Windows" if your ZIP file is located in the Windows directory on your computer.

4. Press the "Enter" key and then type "c:\windows\system32\wzzip -yf corrupt_zip.zip" where "corrupt_zip.zip" is the name of the ZIP file you want to try and recover.

5. Press the "Enter" key and Windows attempts to fix the corrupt ZIP file. If this process is successful, a new ZIP file is created in the directory alongside the corrupt zip file with the same name as the corrupt zip file, only with the suffix "FIXED" on the end.

Comment

It was effective, great thank emilio, I used many methods too, and yours helped.

Comment

Working...
      X